Wednesday, November 16, 2011

words

Never underestimate the power of your words.  They are a true representation of you and of your heart.

When I take a look at myself, I am disappointed to say that too many times I have said things that I didn't mean. There have been too many times when I've spoken too quickly, not realizing the effect of my words on myself and on others around me.
Too many times have I spilled the wrong words
negative words
false words.

Lately, as I try to better myself, I am focusing on my words.  Far too often, we (or I) seem to forget what lies in a word.
Your words could change someone else's mood, their day, their year, their life.
Do you want to uplift them or tear them down?
Words are truly heavy.

Think about how words form who you are.
Sure, "actions speak louder than words" and "talk is cheap."  But I don't believe that this is always true.  As anything else (the way you carry yourself, your gestures, actions to others), words represent who you are. When you give yourself to someone else in any relationship, you give them your words.






"Words are the voice of the heart." -Confucious
          He's got some pretty viable words, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment