Thursday, February 2, 2012

Friends in Far Away Places

It seems that some of the people closest to my heart now live the farthest away from me.  It isn't easy by any means to nourish relationships that you can't "touch."  It's hard when instead of conversation over coffee, you're staring at someone you'd really like to hug through a computer screen.  Instead of a walk or a shopping trip, there are just a few text messages or an occasional phone call. 

I've been having a really difficult time lately finding the good in this.  These people were placed in my life to shed such positive light.  These few people have taught me the most, been there for me the most, loved me.  Opening my hands and letting go of coffee dates and shopping trips is not easy.

Maybe that's one of the weirdest parts of growing up.  So many friends go different ways.  There is now so much less time to spend together.  Responsibilities build barriers that aren't always easy to climb.  I need to remind myself daily that it's just life! I still love them, they still love me.  Things just seem to fold out differently as we grow.

I suppose I've got to remember that like myself, each of these special people has their own path.  It's a blessing that our paths even crossed in the first place.  I need to open my hands and heart and love what's best for the people I love. I guess now I have a few more reasons to travel!

No comments:

Post a Comment