Thursday, February 23, 2012

clarity

I feel incredibly blessed to be influenced by the opinions of my loved ones, but I think that it's time to make a change in my life.

Sure I'll gladly listen to your personal opinion.  I will try to view things in your prospective. 

Up until this point in my life I was very much influenced by other people's opinions. 
     "You want to go into Business? Yes, that's a great degree to have. Smart girl."
Maybe I don't want to go into Business.  WHY do I want to go into Business? I can't even answer that question besides to say because it's safe. 
Because so many people around me have encouraged me to take the safe route. 
     "You're going to stick around Milwaukee for a while? Yes, good. It's cheaper."
What if I want to try something new?  WHY do I want to stay in Milwaukee? I can't answer this question either besides to say that it's safe.  I am saving up some money and paying for my living expenses.  I have old friends here.  I can drive home and do laundry on the weekends.  I can hug my mom whenever I want.
It's comfortable. 

Don't get me wrong it's amazing to me that these people care enough about me and my well being to give me their opinions and I know they want what's best for me...

But what do I want?

I am a people-pleaser.  For the most part I'm very laid back in decision making...whatever makes you happy I'll be glad to do!  But what's left for me?

What's left for me when I go with what everyone else says, thinks, wants.
What do I think?
What do I want?

No comments:

Post a Comment