Monday, November 19, 2012

On Tricking Yourself

Constantly I am wondering what could be or should be different.

When "it's just a joke" starts to lose it's luster.
     "You really shouldn't take everything so seriously you know."

There are times when I pause and catch your eye and your cheek bones raise; your eyes smile back but you don't know how much deeper it really goes.
The creative character that lives there makes me want to squeeze your hand.
I can see more than you think.

I am so easily taken back to exact sentences you spoke months ago.
It's hard not to be angry at hollow words.

I know what I want and I know what I feel but to listen is a whole different game.

We fit so well body to body, mouth to shoulder blade with eyes shut.
But when the sun comes up you're not there.

No comments:

Post a Comment