Thursday, November 24, 2011

Give thanks backwards.

I am thankful for the disgusting static of my iPod radio connecter in my car because the rare moments where the music is clear are so great.
I am thankful that I have dear loved ones living far from me right now because I have been taught to truly appreciate the moments that I do get to share with them.
I am thankful that at my house in Milwaukee I have to pay 75 cents to dry my clothes multiple times in a dryer that barely works because when I come home to Mequon laundry is dry for free. Some people don't get to do laundry.
I am thankful that money is tight because I have been taught to spend wisely and not throw my money at things that don't matter.
I am thankful for how awful Nickleback is because they help me remember what good music is.
I am thankful for smelly socks because they still keep my feet warm.  Without smelly socks, shoes would be even smellier.
I am thankful for nights of little sleep because that is when the best memories seem to be made. Without them, morning coffee would not be as delicious.
I am thankful for heartache and sadness because it means that you care about someone/something.  Love is important.
I am thankful for red battery on my phone because I don't need to constantly have my nose in my phone. I need to enjoy what's really happening around me.
I am thankful that my Grandmother is being cared for in a nursing home because the moments that we enjoy with her when we visit are moments that I will never forget.
I am thankful to be living on my own and not leaning on my parents because I have a new appreciation for everything they have ever done for me.
I am thankful for the things in my life that I don't understand because they teach me to trust.  They teach me to lean not on my own understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment